Friday, April 6, 2007

And the global warming saga continues...

According to MSNBC.com, a panel has reached a final draft on the global warming accord. However, the final draft was reached after intense negotiation with the US, China and Saudi Arabia.

Which leads to me to this question. How can an accord be reached after 'negotiations'? Don't negotiations taint the process altogether? Either there is a problem or there isn't. How can we negotiate the facts?

The story can be viewed online here. I am not sure how I feel and sort of agree with the pissed off scientists who say they will never participate in such a conference again. There is no room for negotiation when we consider the future of the planet and of the fragility of our existence as inhabitants of the planet.

I'll now step off my high horse and again, defer to my previous stated plan for my future - do what I can based on the level of responsibility I feel for contributing raised levels of green house gases. Wish me luck!